Teacher Training in Developmental Baby Massage
2019 Two Day Certified Course
9 & 10 November 2019
Words can’t really thank you enough for all your support … I am so grateful that my health visitor recommended you… You are a wonderful and special person who does the most amazing job… thank you with every inch of my heart!
Would you like to hear feedback like this mum has given to Peter? Come and learn from a master how to offer kind and practical guidance to new mothers and to help them discover the unrecognised value of a few useful techniques and a compassionate mother’s touch.
This renowned course includes key principles underpinning neuroscience, and child development. empowering parents to form a warm positive relationship with their baby while securing their child’s development from birth to standing.
The course is for Family Health Professionals, Health Visitors, Children’s Centre staff, and anyone involved in supporting and nurturing new parents and their babies through the developmental stages from birth to sitting and standing. The course is fully accredited by FEDANT.
Upcoming course dates:
9 & 10 November 2019
To book a place on the course email Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org/or call on 07833 072255.
The cost is £350 including Peter’s book (see below), fully illustrated course notes, plus handouts for the mums who attend your classes.
About the course
1) A holding and reassurance programme
The Importance of Emotional Intelligence
to a Loving Touch
Bonding and attachment – birth to 8 weeks ( Can also be taught prenatally)
- Secure Bonding and Attachment
- Observe babies cues in communication
- Identify and offer techniques in remedial touch to relieve intra-uterine and birth trauma
- Offer an easy introduction to ‘tummy time’.
- And reduce the occurance of ‘flat head syndrome’ in young babies
- Introduce holding positions, using stroking and gentle stretching prior to massage to relieve physiological flexion, CRANIAL SACRAL TECHNIQUE to release the ‘phrenic nerves’ and free the diaphragm, deepen the breathing rythm and relieve abdominal tension.
2) Developmental Baby Massage 8 weeks – standing
The Correct Use of Baby Massage to:
- Develop circulatory and breathing rhythms
- Reduce the occurrence of ‘plagiocephaly’
- An easy introduction to ‘tummy time’ for older babies.
- Develop muscle strength and joint flexibility
- Relieve some common infant ailments
- Common sense anatomy and physiology relative to early infant motor and emotional development
- Elementary motor delay and correction
- The Usage of Appropriate Oils
- ‘Making friends with Gravity’. The correct way to teach sitting and standing
- Easy to learn massage sequences including singing, kissing, talking and play. A quality and enjoyable learning experience for both parents and their children.
3) High quality resources
A copy of Peter Walker’s international best selling colourful book Developmental Baby Massage plus notes for parents and a full set of course notes and DVD for all students.
To qualify for this International teaching certificate you must attend the two day course with 6 hours home study. (3 Case studies – Peter will assist)
What people say about the course
Many thanks for a very informative , enlightening two days. It was super.
Thank you for the amazing teaching session on Developmental Baby Massage which I attended at the weekend.
I just wanted to say that the baby massage course exceeded my expectations and that is down to you. Carry on with your wonderful work and keep inspiring people.
Thank you SO VERY much for great experience of baby massage, I was able to start my first session not long ago with mother who is suffering with PND. We are all taking small steps and are starting to enjoy the whole experience. Many thanks again for such a brilliant course. I’m excited to put it all to practice in my new BabyNatal massage classes.
The course was fantastic and I can’t wait to share my knowledge with mothers and help to make a difference in the world.
About Peter Walker
Peter is a teacher’s trainer, physical therapist and international author. He has over 40yrs experience in the delivery of baby massage training as well as group and one to one sessions with mothers fathers and carers’ with babies and babies and children with ‘additional needs’. His experience in physical therapy and yoga underpins the high quality of this programme, with techniques based upon the stages of the baby’s physical and emotional development.Peter is the leading Teacher’s Teacher in the UK. Credited with the free teaching of baby massage in NHS centres throughout the UK. For more information about Peter and the other courses he teaches go http://www.babymassageteachertraining.com/teacher-training/
I can’t recommend Peter’s training highly enough. Over the 3 decades I have known him this remarkable man has brought connection, joy and love to so many mother, fathers and babies all over the world. He is a healer – a true wise man and one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. One in a million! We are honoured to host this training.