Essential teaching aids you will need on the course
You must have with you a full-size model of a female pelvis a fetal doll and a placenta with umbilical cord during this training. This is a course requirement. These will be the teaching aids you will be using all the time in your own classes or workshops in future, and you will be learning to use them during the course. This is an essential investment in your teaching career, so we urge you once your application has been accepted, to purchase these items as soon as you can.
These are the items you need on the course:
We would like you to use the models we recommend as best. People who have ordered other versions have found them not as good and as these are such an essential long term teaching aid and investment, we strongly advise you buy these.
1. Articulated Female Pelvis (Ref ZJY-590-G) from Educational & Scientific Products: http://espmodels.co.uk
2. Newborn size doll from HealthEdco : http://www.healthedco.co.uk/79814-Fetal-Model
This doll comes in a choice of 3 skin tone colours
3. Detachable umbilical cord and placenta: Birth International (Ref: SKU: TA004) https://birthinternational.com/product/placenta-and-cord-model/.
Ordering your essential teaching aids: You can find the details and prices on the above websites. Please order direct from each of the suppliers in advance of the course. Items sent may take time to be sent to you so order as early as possible and remember to factor in p&p and duty costs if relevant.
Course fees: At this time we are pleased to be able to offer the online course at the reduced cost of £1400 as we do not have the expense of renting a venue. it is also more affordable for you, because there is no need to pay for travel and accommodation.
This is a very comprehensive training with a highly experienced team of teachers. We have kept the cost as low as possible and made it as easy as possible for you to pay the training fees. You will then have a long term source of income, doing rewarding work you are passionate about, which changes the world for the better, fits in with family life and is profoundly meaningful in the lives of your clients.
If you wish to and are able to have a partner (ie a friend or relative) with you for the afternoon sessions, that will be helpful to you as you will have someone to demonstrate with. There is no additional charge for the partner, other than if two professionals both intending to teach the workshop are attending together. In this case there will be a discount of 10% for each of you.
Assessment resit or private additional tuition session:
All students completing the course usually pass the assessment. However some students have needed more time to practise and may need additional tuition. Should the tutors advise that you need additional tuition and/or assessment before certification the fee for this will be £75 per session and is not included in the course fee.
The course fee does not include:
- Cost of workshop materials (Pelvis, doll and placenta, see above).
- Annual group insurance membership fee is currently £72.40 in the first year, £62.40 subsequent years – payable on certification and annually thereafter unless you already have an equivalent insurance in place.
- Listing on the teachers list on the Active Birth Centre website costs a one off fee of £80 and is maintained ongoingly for free, provided you continue to fulfil all the terms and conditions of the Certification Agreement.
- While ongoing listing is free, there is a £50 charge for changing or updating your details.
- Additional private tuition or assessment fee of £75
For full details of how to book and pay Click here
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Once booked, your place is reserved and is non-refundable except in exceptional extenuating circumstances such as a bereavement, serious illness or admission to hospital. In such an event the course tutors may recommend a deferment of your training to the next course.. The final date for submitting requests for a deferment or a refund for the upcoming course is 16th January 2021.
Please note: Due to the uncertainty of the times, we reserve the right to alter the content or cancel the course. In the unlikely eventuality of a cancellation of the course on our part, full refunds will apply.
We are proud that this training programme has been accredited by the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT).